I use chicken for a lot of different recipes. I like that is it easy to brown up on the stove, throw in a crock pot or use shredded, all of which are great options. But there is just something about cooking chicken on the grill that makes it taste fantastic. This recipe is no exception! It is called barbecue herb chicken, but is also known in my house as the best ever grilled chicken.
The first time I made this chicken, I got some major thumbs up from my husband who has since begged for it on multiple occasions. I even devoured my whole piece, which I don’t normally do so we knew it was a winner. I have also discovered that it makes a great sandwich or salad. In fact, it is in it’s most awesome state dressed up as you see above.
To make the sandwich
- Lightly toast a bun in a toaster oven to give it a little crispiness. You can also brush the insides with a little oil or butter and let it crisp up a in a skillet on the stove. Just a note: you may want to use something larger than a hamburger bun if you are making the sandwich with a whole piece of chicken. I had some onion rolls so that is what is used in the above picture.
- Spread flavored mayo on both sides of the bun. I made a dill mayo with fresh herbs from my herb garden which paired nicely with the chicken. Flavored mayo is one of my new favorites! It really makes an ordinary sandwich much more extraordinary.
- Add lettuce, tomato and grilled chicken.
Now you have a perfect grilled chicken sandwich!
Check out my post about the top 5 benefits of an herb garden and get the recipes for the dill sandwich spread and the twice baked potatoes featured in the top photo.
A note about herbs: If you want to use fresh instead of dried, substitute one tablespoon of fresh herbs for every teaspoon of dried herbs. The same would be true if substituting dried herbs for fresh herbs in a recipe.
I’d love to know…
- What is your favorite grilling recipe?
- Do you have a favorite way to prepare chicken?
Linked up with: WLWW Link Up Party at www.women living well.org