Today I just want to do a quick update to let you know how I am doing with my time management since I started the new series this week. I came up with three wins and three losses of the week to share with you.
Part One: Take the Time Management Challenge
Part Two: Time Management Pitfalls
How I won with my time this week:
1. I created a menu for the rest of the month and went grocery shopping this weekend. I have not been doing well with keeping a menu for a while, but after reading about a blogger friend who made her menu last week, I decided to jump back in. I had to tweak it a bit but I have felt much less stress in the dinner department this week.
2. I spent some time creating a list of what I think my priorities should be as well as a list of tasks that I do and things I want to do. I am going to use this to help me focus on what is important as well as decide how I need to use my time more effectively. I started using Evernote to do this and have been making different folders to keep notes and other things in.
3. Since I had some extra time last week when my computer died, I was able to write some posts ahead of time so they only needed a few tweaks before posting. This has helped a lot with not feeling as rushed to get a post done. I also used my editorial calendar plugin to create a rough posting schedule to help me stay better on track.
How I lost with my time this week:
1. I am still having a rough time getting up early in the morning. It is very easy for me to fall back asleep instead of just get out of bed since I don’t typically have anything I need to tend to in the morning. I haven’t made a specific time for going to bed and getting up which I know would probably help.
2. I still notice that I am wasting a lot of time on the computer during the day. I also still have a tendency to try to do too many things at the same time while I am on the computer. Social media is a huge time sucker for me as well. I definitely need to keep working on this one.
3. I have not been consistent with reading my bible and having a specified quiet time. I listen to worship music and read good Christian blogs but this should not be a substitute for my one on one time with the Lord. I am working on making this my number one priority for next week.
Highlights of my week:
Just for fun I have a couple of other awesome things that happened this week.
1. If you did not know, my computer quit working last week. I had about six months worth of pictures, graphics and lots of other blog related stuff saved on there and not backed up elsewhere. My husband tried a few different things to get the files off but it did not look good. Thankfully we were able to get a new computer because we had some extra money saved up but I was still a bit upset that I may have lost all those files. Earlier this week, my husband asked some guys at work and was able to borrow a cable that hooks up right to the hard drive and it worked so I got all my files back! This was such a relief and a lesson that I need to do frequent back ups.
2. My husband and I paid off our credit card yesterday!!! This is so exciting for us because it is our only non student loan or mortgage related debt. I will definitely write more about this story in the future but this was a huge burden and we are so glad to have it gone. Thank you Dave Ramsey!!
Next Monday I have planned to share a post with even more time management pitfalls. This post focuses more on the joyful part of joyful time management. Then the next step for the series is to look at priorities and goals.
Aside from the joyful time management series, I have a new post for Young Wife’s Guide about finding grace when you feel like a failure, a yummy new recipe and some fun ideas for celebrating the fall season that I hope to share next week.
Did you know Fall officially starts in a little over a week!?! I am so excited!! 🙂
How have you done with managing your time this week?
What is one highlight of your week?