Just a note: A friend of mine told me that she tried this with pork and it did not work. You can try it with something other than chicken if you want, but don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Here’s what to do:
- Cook chicken any way you wish (broil, pan fry, bake, grill).
- Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Put chicken in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Be sure the mixer is locked and turn it to setting 2. Gradually turn it up to 6 0r 8.
- Watch the chicken shred before your eyes. Stop when it is shredded to your liking.
- If there are any larger pieces, just break them apart with your fingers.
That’s it! Now you have shredded chicken in less than a minute.
A tip about cooking the chicken: Brush a little olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper before cooking. This gives it just enough flavor so that it can be easily added to a variety of recipes. Here is a list of some ideas if you need a little inspiration.
15 Ways to use Shredded Chicken
- Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Chicken Corn Chowder
- Creamy Chicken Soup
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Cesar Wraps
- Chicken Fried Rice