I wanted to do a fun post today. So I thought I would whip up a few random facts for you.
So here it is…
15 Random Facts about Me
- I live in Michigan and have my entire life. I have a love hate relationship with it. But mostly I love it, especially the beautiful scenery. Lake Michigan is pretty awesome.
- I was a camp counselor during the summer while I was in college. It was the most challenging, rewarding and crazy job I’ve ever had. It’s also where I met my best friend and she’s pretty awesome too.
- My favorite season is Fall. I just love sweatshirts, scarves, changing leaves, hot apple cider, hay rides and the feel of the crisp cool air.
- I love the lake but I am not much of a beach bum. I just like the sound of the waves, walking on the beach and seeing the sunset. But you won’t find me laying out on the beach for hours on end or swimming very much.
- I went to a Christian college where I got a degree in English and secondary education. I wouldn’t trade the experience for anything but student loans suck. I mean REALLY suck…yes, I said that.
- My favorite food growing up was quiche. The first time my mom ever had it was in the hospital when she was pregnant with me and she soon after found a recipe to start making it at home. So yeah, I was the weird kid in school that answered quiche when asked your favorite food. Nope, not pizza or macaroni and cheese…quiche!
- I was in band from 5th-12th grade. I played the flute in concert band and marched with a piccolo. I won the marching band award one year. I was called the marching robot because of my awesome marching skills. I also acted in my high school plays for two years. Yep, I was a nerd.
- If I had a bucket list one of the things on it would be to travel abroad with my husband. I would love to see Italy and England. I also want to go to New Zealand to see the places where they filmed The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings trilogy.
- My favorite Disney movies are Beauty and the Beast, Tangled and Brave.
- I grew up having lots of pets. At one time we had four cats and three dogs. My favorite was our sheltie Tod. He was the sweetest and most loveable dog I have ever met. I now have one cat named Jax, he is probably the weirdest cat I have ever met, but I love him anyway…most of the time.
- I wore my hair long, as in down past the middle of my back, until my second year of college. I have had it cut up to my chin but like to keep it about shoulder length now.
- I love coffee, but I once swore I would never drink it. I was accidentally burned by hot coffee when I was about 10 years old which resulted in a trip to the ER and second degree burns. Because of that I said I wouldn’t become a coffee drinker. However, since I started college I saw the error of my ways and now I can’t go a day without it! I also love cute coffee mugs and my kitchen has a coffee theme decor.
- My two front teeth are fake. I fell and chipped them when I was in the 3rd grade. I got caps which eventually made those teeth discolored. I finally got new crowns put on about five years ago so it isn’t easily noticeable anymore.
- I like musicals. I have seen Phantom of the Opera, Cats and Wicked on stage. My favorite is most definitely Wicked!
- I got my wedding dress before my engagement ring. My husband and I had discussed getting married and told our parents already but we were not officially engaged. I found out about a sale so I went with my mom and sister to check it out. I hadn’t expected to actually find a dress, but ended up getting the first one I tried on. It was less than $100!